The Cheshire & Merseyside Cancer Alliance Facebook page is operated by the Communications Manager (the admin) and any other person delegated to this task as approved by the CMCA Managing Director.
We are committed to updating and monitoring our Facebook page during regular office hours. These operating hours can vary. However, like many social media accounts, we may monitor and respond at other times of the day. We accept no responsibility for lack of service due to any Facebook downtime.
The public should not make a formal complaint or freedom of information (FOI) request through Facebook. This should be done on email or by letter to CMCA.
The admin will attempt to answer general queries or questions relating to the work of the Alliance that may be sent through comments or messages. If the general query relates to work undertaken by another organisation, the admin will attempt to pass the query on to the communications team (or other responsible department) of that organisation, so it can be dealt with.
We have rules of participation by users of the Facebook page. These are:
- Be kind and courteous: We encourage comments but they need to be respectful. Comments containing swear words will be deleted.
- No hate speech or bullying: We want all users of the page to feel safe. Bullying of any kind is not allowed and degrading comments about things like race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated. Comments or messages which contain this will be deleted.
- No promotions or spam: These will also be deleted.
- No fake news: Deliberately misleading or false information, especially relating to health, in comments, will not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- No personal health information: The page cannot answer specific health queries relating to a person’s care or treatment. Any personal information will be deleted and the person contacted to request that they further their enquiries through the usual channels.